• Teaching Portfolio Workshop • Etiquette Luncheon • Research Administration Workshop
Core Competency: Leadership & Professionalism
• Individual Development Plan • Etiquette Luncheon • Time & Stress Management
• Research Ethics course – GRAD 721 • Individual Development Plan • Financial Planning • Time & Stress Management • Navigating Departmental Culture
This workshop is intended for graduate students and postdocs in the natural or medical sciences that are interested in mentoring undergraduate students in scientific research.
Good mentoring can be learned! This mentoring skills workshop will offer a framework for developing a philosophy and style to guide decisions and actions in working with undergraduate students as well as a forum in which to discuss dilemmas that arise in working with those students.
Email is one of the most challenging communication media, especially at work. This session will provide strategies to get your message across quickly while maintaining an appropriate tone for your request, allowing you to get the job done while building … Read more
• Serve as a role model for junior graduate students • Maintain professional networks • Plan for transition after graduate studies
• Take on leadership positions • Contribute to team-based projects • Troubleshoot issues and propose creative solutions • Manage project budget and personnel • Provide feedback to peers on presentations, manuscripts, & grants
• Attend Ethics trainings and seminars • Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) • Seek leadership and service opportunities • Join professional organizations and build internal and external networks