- This event has passed.
Copyright for Graduate Students: Issues in Publishing and Research
Thursday, March 20, 2014 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
This presentation will cover questions that graduate students often ask about copyright, including:
- May I use someone else’s text, figures, or illustrations in my dissertation or journal article?
- May I reuse my own previously published text, figures, or illustrations in a second publication?
- How can I copyright my work?
- How can I keep someone else from appropriating my ideas?
- Do I own my work, or does the university?
- What do certain clauses in my publishing contract mean?
Facilitated by Anne Gilliland, JD, MLS, Scholarly Communications Officer, University Libraries, UNC