- This event has passed.
Tips and Tricks Using MSWord to Format Your Dissertation – Mac users
Wednesday, March 21, 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm
For most graduate students, the Ph.D. dissertation is the single largest document you have ever created, and learning to format and lay out a 200+ page document can suck up hours and even days of your precious time. Fortunately, there are a number of features and tricks in Microsoft Word that can make the task more manageable. Graduate School staff will also be present to review recent updates to formatting guidelines for submission.
In this hands-on workshop (bring your laptop) you will learn
- the nitty gritty of UNC’s formatting guidelines
- how to create a table of contents with page numbers that update automatically
- how to create automatically updating lists of table and figures
- how to change the page orientation of isolated pages within a document
- how to manipulate page numbering so you get the outcome YOU want
- other tips and tricks to make the dissertation writing process a little easier
To get the most out of this workshop, please bring a laptop computer running MS Word. Dr. Patrick Brandt, Director of Science, Training, and Diversity, will lead the workshop. You can work along with Patrick on your own dissertation, or if you prefer, he will provide a practice file that you can learn on.