• Research Ethics course – GRAD 721 • Individual Development Plan • Financial Planning • Time & Stress Management • Navigating Departmental Culture
Stage: Early Stage
• Teaching workshops • Graduate Funding Workshops • PITAP courses, GRAD 810 and GRAD 811 courses • Becoming an Effective Mentor • Navigating Departmental Culture
• Graduate Funding Workshops • PITAP courses, GRAD 810 and GRAD 811 courses • GRAD 704: Effective Presentation Skills • Individual Development Plan • Communicating Your Science
This workshop is intended for graduate students and postdocs in the natural or medical sciences that are interested in mentoring undergraduate students in scientific research.
Good mentoring can be learned! This mentoring skills workshop will offer a framework for developing a philosophy and style to guide decisions and actions in working with undergraduate students as well as a forum in which to discuss dilemmas that arise in working with those students.
Email is one of the most challenging communication media, especially at work. This session will provide strategies to get your message across quickly while maintaining an appropriate tone for your request, allowing you to get the job done while building … Continued
• Explore University Career Services resources • Complete self-assessments • Develop career goals • Create a CV
• Attend Ethics trainings and seminars • Create an Individual Development Plan (IDP) • Seek leadership and service opportunities • Join professional organizations and build internal and external networks
• Connect coursework to research & scholarship • Seek funding to support projects • Explore resources to support academic development • Attend TA orientation & teaching workshops • Plan research projects • Seek out teaching opportunities • Mentor undergraduates
• Initiate mentoring relationships • Learn conventions of communication within your discipline • Formulate and present research plan
Get a jump start on proposal writing for graduate funding! This half-day workshop will provide an introduction to the library’s resources, strategies for conducting funding searches, effective writing strategies and insight into literature reviews. The workshop includes a panel discussion … Continued