Professional Development Guide
The core competencies provide a guide for your professional development at each stage in your graduate career. These competencies are inclusive of masters and doctoral students across disciplines and applicable to a wide range of professional settings. At different stages in your graduate career, there are various actions in which you can engage to develop each competency.
- Emotional intelligence, financial literacy, interpersonal skills, wellness, professional identity
- Interpersonal understanding, mentoring, collaboration, networking
- Scholarship, teaching, research, critical thinking
Leadership and Professionalism
- Ethics, planning, leading teams, problem solving, evaluation
- Personal/professional organization, flexibility, success